Monday, January 31, 2011


Author: Dan Brown
Published by Anchor Books 2009
Review by Nellie
Yes,  if you have read Dan Brown’s other novels, The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons, this novel will be a bit predictable, but in this case that’s not too bad.  There is Dan Brown’s usual mysterious over-the-top villain and like Angels and Demons, all of the action takes place in about twenty-four hours. Most of the events take place in Washington, D.C. or the surrounding areas. We spend a lot of time in our Nation’s capital but it is time well spent as we learn a bit of history along with some more Mason trivia.
The Lost Symbol keeps you reading. For many people it will be a one sitting read, the kind where you stop only to eat and pee then when you are finally finished, your neck is sore and you feel exhausted like you have actually worked all day.  While it has taken me several days to read, that is only because I’ve been very busy with all the Christmas stuff that must soon be completed.
I held myself back from starting The Lost Symbol because I needed to be sure I was ready for all the mind-boggling rush of clues, trivia and action.  It was worth the wait.  This  book has a few surprises but is never disappointing for Dan Brown fans.  I will gladly pass it on to my friends.

       


No comments: