Saturday, April 30, 2011

Heaven Is For Real

Author: Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent
Publisher: Thomas Nelson, 2010
Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and BackReview written by: Brenda Sharp


I just finished HEAVEN IS FOR REAL by Todd Burpo and I highly recommend it. It is a very quick, easy read by the father of a not-yet-four year old who was temporarily dead on the operating table, came back, and over weeks, months, years, slowly divulged things about heaven and lost family members that he had no possible way of knowing about. Not a preachy, adult minister-speak book, but one out of the mouth of a babe.
-------------------------------------


 (This second link is for the Kindle edition for those of you who would like to read it from your smart phone or kindle.  I love to have a book on my phone to read while I'm waiting in line, or otherwise needing to "kill" time.)
nellie

4 comments:

Nellie from Beyond My Garden said...

I haven't read this book yet, but saw an interview on the Today Show. It looks like it could bring up a lot of interesting questions. I think I will read it.
nellie

Kim L said...

I just finished this book and all I can say is "Wow"! This book was so good that I couldn't put it down. Coming from the mouth of a 3 year old child to me makes it more believable.
I'm not sure if I can believe it all but it gave me such a good feeling after I read it. I'm hoping that one day when I'm ready to leave this world that I will find out!

Canada said...

Life changing book. This little boy with his family and friends through faith and prayers can now tell such a beautiful story that makes you look at life differently. How it makes wonder and picture how beautiful and graceful heaven really is.

Nellie from Beyond My Garden said...

I have now read the book and say I am very cynical about the intentions of the parent/author. While it was an easy read and mostly enjoyable, I have problems with reformed biblical interpretation and the father's role in the child's "visions"